New mentor training starts the process to prepare mentors with the needed tools and skills to mentor and work with the youth within our youth mentoring network. This training is open to anyone interested in becoming a youth mentor. To register, click here.
The TEAM Mentor Program is part of a network of programs operated by the Memphis Grizzlies Foundation to leverage the mentor relationship to better prepare students for success. A unique and innovative model, TEAM Mentor places three volunteer adult mentors with six students to form a TEAM; each TEAM functions as a micro-community with its own identity, culture, values and voice.
Using curriculum developed in partnership with Facing History and Ourselves, the program is designed to help young people in middle school.
- Make sense of their social context and how they fit into it
- Create sustained relationships with adults who can provide them with knowledge, motivation and networks to succeed
- Act collaboratively with others to promote a better future for themselves and their communities.
**Students must be enrolled in a partner school to participate.
Volunteering as a Grizzlies TEAM Mentor is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of six young people and to do it alongside other volunteer mentors in a supportive environment.
The TEAM Mentor time commitment:
- 90 minutes per week at designated school site
- One school year (two semesters)
- Initial mentor training plus opportunities to participate in supplemental skill development and educational workshops
- Special events and off-site activities including, community service project(s), a holiday celebration, Grizzlies game, and the year-end celebration(s)