New mentor training starts the process to prepare mentors with the needed tools and skills to mentor and work with the youth within our youth mentoring network. This training is open to anyone interested in becoming a youth mentor. To register, click here.
TEAMmates is MMG’s mentor support and appreciation program, open to all active mentors and program staff in the MMG Affiliate Network. Through TEAMmates, mentors and program staff will have access to a variety of special offers at our TEAMmates providers across the Mid-South. These offers include free admission, 2-for-1 deals, discounts, and free tickets with our providers, which span entertainment, outdoor activities, museums, indoor activities, and food/drink. Click here to sign up for TEAMmates, and be on the lookout for your TEAMmates Active Mentor Card and a small welcome gift!
Current TEAMmates Providers
- Bluff City Virtual Reality (15% Discount)
- High Point Climbing (BOGO Admission)
- Memphis Rox (Free Admission)
- Mid-South Ice House (50% off + Free Skate Rental)
- Seize the Clay (15% Discount)
- Society Skatepark (Free Admission on Weekends, 50% Discount on Weekdays)
- Belz Museum of Asian and Judaic Art (Free Admission)
- Blues Hall of Fame (Free Admission)
- Brooks Museum of Art (Free Admission)
- Dixon Gallery (Free Admission)
- Fire Museum of Memphis (Free Admission)
- Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum (Free Admission)
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music (Free Admission)
- Memphis Botanic Gardens (Free Admission)
- Memphis Zoo (Free Admission - Contact csimmons [at] grizzlies [dot] com for passes)
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra (Free Tickets - Contact csimmons [at] grizzlies [dot] com)
- Memphis Grizzlies (Free and Discounted Tickets - Contact csimmons [at] grizzlies [dot] com)
- Memphis Hustle (Free Tickets - Contact csimmons [at] grizzlies [dot] com)
Food & Drink
- Miss Birdsong's Sweet Tooth (15% Off)
Other benefits include:
- Monthly happy hour/social activities
- Access to special events and guest speakers
- Professional development opportunities
- TEAMmates welcome package
Interested in being a TEAMmate?
We would love to include your organization on our list of mentor and mentee experience opportunities for 2021-2022. Your contribution can help make memories for mentors and kids throughout the Mid-South. Whether it sparks a deep conversation, inspires laughter or enables kids and their mentors to discover a shared interest, these “little things” make a big difference.
If you would be able to help us in one or more of the following ways, please consider making a donation of:
- Free mentor/mentee admission to your attraction
- Discount/coupons on your products or services
- Event space for a TEAMmates gathering
- Access to any programming/educational experiences you or your organization could provide
- Any other items or services you think mentors & mentees would enjoy
Our mentoring affiliate provides support for over 2300 mentors and 4300 mentees in the Mid-South community. By partnering with us, you are creating opportunities for mentors and youth to access your organization and create experiences for mentors and youth to build a trusting relationship which is crucial for positive outcomes in mentoring. Additionally, you are ensuring kids have the support, encouragement and role models they need to succeed.
If you are interested in joining the list above, please apply here or contact Caroline Simmons, Program & Partner Support Coordinator, via email at csimmons [at] grizzlies [dot] com.