The TEAM Mentor Program is currently looking for mentors for the 2022-2023 school year. If you have had a mentor before, you know how impactful it can be on a young person's life. Please join our info sessions to learn more about how you can make a difference in a young person's life! This info session will be virtual and take place on Zoom. Register here.
Since 2001, we invested more than $53.6 million to platforms for youth mentoring all as a means to help prepare every student in Memphis for success in college, career and life.
In 2020, the Foundation donated over $500,000 in grants to organizations across the Mid-South. Organizations that receive grants are all MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies member organizations who demonstrate best practice mentoring by meeting the benchmarks outlined in the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring.
Each grant has been uniquely designed to support organizations in select areas of their programs such as:
- Expansion of established programs to under-served areas
- Program enhancements for established quality mentoring programs
- Professional development for youth & mentoring practitioners
- First-year implementation of new adult to youth mentoring programs
- 2017 ESPN Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year Finalist
- 2013 President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition
- 2012 Beyond Sport “Sport Team of the Year”
- 2011 Beyond Sport “Sport Team of the Year” (Shortlist)
- 2008 Crystal Award for Outstanding Foundation
- 2007 Steve Patterson Award for Excellence in Sports Philanthropy
- 2006 Corporate Volunteer Council Partnership Award