New mentor training starts the process to prepare mentors with the needed tools and skills to mentor and work with the youth within our youth mentoring network. This training is open to anyone interested in becoming a volunteer youth mentor. To register, click here.
Since 2001, we invested more than $53.6 million to platforms for youth mentoring all as a means to help prepare every student in Memphis for success in college, career and life.
In 2020, the Foundation donated over $500,000 in grants to organizations across the Mid-South. Organizations that receive grants are all MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies member organizations who demonstrate best practice mentoring by meeting the benchmarks outlined in the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring.
Each grant has been uniquely designed to support organizations in select areas of their programs such as:
- Expansion of established programs to under-served areas
- Program enhancements for established quality mentoring programs
- Professional development for youth & mentoring practitioners
- First-year implementation of new adult to youth mentoring programs
- 2017 ESPN Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year Finalist
- 2013 President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition
- 2012 Beyond Sport “Sport Team of the Year”
- 2011 Beyond Sport “Sport Team of the Year” (Shortlist)
- 2008 Crystal Award for Outstanding Foundation
- 2007 Steve Patterson Award for Excellence in Sports Philanthropy
- 2006 Corporate Volunteer Council Partnership Award