The TEAM Mentor Program is part of a network of programs operated by the Memphis Grizzlies Foundation to leverage the mentor relationship to better prepare students for success. A unique and innovative model, TEAM Mentor places three volunteer adult mentors with six students to form a TEAM; each TEAM functions as a micro-community with its own identity, culture, values and voice.
Using curriculum developed in partnership with Facing History and Ourselves, the program is designed to help young people in middle school.
- Make sense of their social context and how they fit into it
- Create sustained relationships with adults who can provide them with knowledge, motivation and networks to succeed
- Act collaboratively with others to promote a better future for themselves and their communities.
**Students must be enrolled in a partner school to participate.
Volunteering as a Grizzlies TEAM Mentor is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of six young people and to do it alongside other volunteer mentors in a supportive environment.
The TEAM Mentor time commitment:
- 90 minutes per week at designated school site
- One school year (two semesters)
- Initial mentor training plus opportunities to participate in supplemental skill development and educational workshops
- Special events and off-site activities including, community service project(s), a holiday celebration, Grizzlies game, and the year-end celebration(s)
TEAM Mentor Info Session
TEAM Mentor info sessions are designed to help prospective mentors make a more informed decision about whether to participate in a mentoring program. By setting clear expectations around the mentoring relationship, we help to ensure that those who do sign up have a clear understanding of mentoring and its obligations.
If you are interested in learning more about the TEAM Mentor Program and attending an Info Session click here.