MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies supports mentors through a program called TEAMmates. TEAMmates was designed with the goal of strengthening relationships between mentors and mentees, retaining volunteers, and providing a network of support for mentors. We aim to offer many benefits and experiences including Grizzlies game tickets, passes to local attractions, social events and opportunities to meet with Memphis Grizzlies VIPs. Our vision is for each active mentor to receive a TEAMmates Membership Card that will allow them access to benefits offered by partner organizations across the city.
Current TEAMmates Offerings
- Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum (2 for 1 Admission with Card)
- Memphis Zoo (Free tickets upon request to MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies Staff)
- Belz Museum of Asian and Judaic Art (Free Admission for Mentor & Guest with Card)
- City of Memphis Golf Department (Certificate for Two Large Buckets of Balls at The Links at Whitehaven Driving Range)
- Bluff City Virtual Reality (15% Off Admission with Card)
- Free & Discounted Grizzlies Game Tickets
- Mud Island Riverparks (Free Mud Island Riverwalk experience)
- Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum (Free on Tuesdays from 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Dixon Gallery (Free from 10 a.m. – noon on Saturdays)
- Memphis Zoo (Free admission on Tuesdays from 2:00 p.m. – close)
- Memphis Pink Palace Museum (Museum Exhibits free from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays)
- Stax Museum of American Art (Free Admission from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays)
- City of Memphis Golf Department ( Certificate for Two Large Buckets of Balls at The Links at Whitehaven Driving Range)
- Brooks Museum of Art (Pay-what-you-can Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- TEAMmates Welcome Package (including Exclusive Offers from Insomnia Cookies, Incredible Pizza & The Withers Collection)
- Exclusive Networking Opportunities
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
- Exclusive Monthly Offers
Interested in being a TEAMmate?
We would love to include your organization on our list of mentor and mentee experience opportunities for 2019-2020. Your contribution can help make memories for mentors and kids throughout the Mid-South. Whether it sparks a deep conversation, inspires laughter or enables kids and their mentors to discover a shared interest, these “little things” make a big difference.
If you would be able to help us in one or more of the following ways, please consider making a donation of:
- Free mentor/mentee admission to your attraction
- Discount/coupons on your products or services
- Event space for a TEAMmates gathering
- Access to any programming/educational experiences you or your organization could provide
- Any other items or services you think mentors & mentees would enjoy
Our mentoring affiliate provides support for over 2300 mentors and almost 4300 mentees in the Mid-South community. By partnering with us, you are creating opportunities for mentors and youth to access your organization and create experiences for mentors and youth to build a trusting relationship which is crucial for positive outcomes in mentoring. Additionally, you are ensuring kids have the support, encouragement and role models they need to succeed.
If you are interested in joining the list above, please apply here or contact Alese Taylor, Coordinator of Partner & Program Support, via email at ataylor [at] grizzlies [dot] com.