In an effort to address food insecurity while schools and community centers are closed during the coronavirus outbreak, a number of schools and organizations are providing food services for students and senior citizens.
MMG supports mentors through a program called TEAMmates. TEAMmates was designed with the goal of strengthening relationships between mentors and mentees, retaining volunteers, and providing a network of support for mentors. MMG aims to offer many benefits and experiences including Grizzlies game tickets, passes to local attractions, social events and opportunities to meet with Memphis Grizzlies VIPs. Our vision is for each active mentor to receive a TEAMmates Membership Card that will allow them access to benefits offered by partner organizations across the city.
Current TEAMmates Offerings
- Belz Museum of Asian and Judaic Art (Free Admission for Mentor & Guest with Card)
- Bluff City Virtual Reality (15% Off Admission with Card)
- Brooks Museum of Art (Pay-what-you-can Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Dixon Gallery (Free from 10 a.m. - noon on Saturdays)
- Exclusive Monthly Offers
- Exclusive Networking Opportunities
- Free & Discounted Grizzlies Game Tickets
- Memphis Pink Palace Museum (Museum Exhibits free from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. pm Tuesdays)
- Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum (2 for 1 Admission with Card)
- Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum (Free on Tuesdays from 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- Memphis Zoo (Free Admission on Tuesdays from 2:00 p.m. - Close)
- Memphis Zoo (Free tickets upon request to MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies Staff)
- Mud Island Riverparks (Free Mud Island Riverwalk experience)
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
- Seize the Clay (show card for discount)
- Stax Museum of American Art (Free Admission from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays)
- TEAMmates Welcome Package (including Exclusive Offers from Insomnia Cookies & Incredible Pizza)
Interested in being a TEAMmate?
We would love to include your organization on our list of mentor and mentee experience opportunities for 2019-2020. Your contribution can help make memories for mentors and kids throughout the Mid-South. Whether it sparks a deep conversation, inspires laughter or enables kids and their mentors to discover a shared interest, these “little things” make a big difference.
If you would be able to help us in one or more of the following ways, please consider making a donation of:
- Free mentor/mentee admission to your attraction
- Discount/coupons on your products or services
- Event space for a TEAMmates gathering
- Access to any programming/educational experiences you or your organization could provide
- Any other items or services you think mentors & mentees would enjoy
Our mentoring affiliate provides support for over 2300 mentors and 4300 mentees in the Mid-South community. By partnering with us, you are creating opportunities for mentors and youth to access your organization and create experiences for mentors and youth to build a trusting relationship which is crucial for positive outcomes in mentoring. Additionally, you are ensuring kids have the support, encouragement and role models they need to succeed.
If you are interested in joining the list above, please apply here or contact Alese Taylor, Coordinator of Partner & Program Support, via email at ataylor [at] grizzlies [dot] com.