During the week of September 16th, TEAM Mentor will meet at our partner schools with our mentors during the normal mentoring time. Mentors will get acquainted with the school partners and we will go through program policies and procedures in preparation for the first week of mentoring.
MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies supports mentors through a program called TEAMmates. TEAMmates was designed with the goal of strengthening relationships between mentors and mentees, retaining volunteers, and providing a network of support for mentors. We aim to offer many benefits and experiences including Grizzlies game tickets, passes to local attractions, social events and opportunities to meet with Memphis Grizzlies VIPs. Our vision is for each active mentor to receive a TEAMmates Membership Card that will allow them access to benefits offered by partner organizations across the city.
Current TEAMmates Offerings
- Mud Island Riverparks (Free Mud Island Riverwalk experience)
- Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum (Free on Tuesdays from 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Dixon Gallery (Free from 10 a.m. – noon on Saturdays)
- Memphis Zoo (Free admission on Tuesdays from 2:00 p.m. – close)
- Memphis Pink Palace Museum (Museum Exhibits free from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays)
- Stax Museum of American Art (Free Admission from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays)
- City of Memphis Golf Department ( Certificate for Two Large Buckets of Balls at The Links at Whitehaven Driving Range)
- Brooks Museum of Art (Pay-what-you-can Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Interested in being a TEAMmate?
We would love to include your organization on our list of mentor and mentee experience opportunities for 2019-2020. Your contribution can help make memories for mentors and kids throughout the Mid-South. Whether it sparks a deep conversation, inspires laughter or enables kids and their mentors to discover a shared interest, these “little things” make a big difference.
If you would be able to help us in one or more of the following ways, please consider making a donation of:
- Free mentor/mentee admission to your attraction
- Discount/coupons on your products or services
- Event space for a TEAMmates gathering
- Access to any programming/educational experiences you or your organization could provide
- Any other items or services you think mentors & mentees would enjoy
Our mentoring affiliate provides support for over 1500 mentors and almost 3200 mentees in the Mid-South community. By partnering with us, you are creating opportunities for mentors and youth to access your organization and create experiences for mentors and youth to build a trusting relationship which is crucial for positive outcomes in mentoring. Additionally, you are ensuring kids have the support, encouragement and role models they need to succeed.
If you are interested in joining the list above, please contact Alese Taylor, Coordinator of Partner & Program Support, via email at ataylor [at] grizzlies [dot] com.