MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies (MMG) celebrated National Mentoring Month by recognizing and honoring individuals, businesses, and groups that have exemplified a commitment to youth mentoring in 2018. Award recipients were honored during the National Mentoring Month Awards Breakfast.
Quality Based Membership
Quality-Based Membership is a continuous improvement process for mentoring programs that seek to align to national best practices. Program staff complete a self-assessment and work collaboratively with our team to create a 12-month Road to Membership Work plan that models MENTOR’s Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring,
The first level of Quality-Based Membership is Affiliate Membership. The next two levels are Associate Partner and Partner.
Benefits of Membership
Benefits vary depending on the level of membership, and may include eligibility for MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies grants, mentor referrals, free trainings and workshops, priority for in-kind donations of admissions, tickets and match activities, and more.
Some benefits previously available to non-member programs in our database shifted exclusively to programs in membership. Benefit changes for programs include:
- Mentor referrals: Programs must be at least an Affiliate Member in order to participate in mentor recruitment campaigns and receive mentor referrals.
- Match activities: Programs must be at least an Affiliate in order to receive activity tickets and special opportunities connected to match activity events. Associate Partners or Partner members may receive priority in some instances.
- Financial Resources: Members of the Partnership are eligible to request grants or in-kind donations for their organizations.
- TAP: Affiliate level members or above can apply for dedicated, no-cost technical assistance through the Partnership's Technical Assistance Program
- Trainings - Affiliate level members receive Calendar Trainings at no cost.
Members of the Partnership are eligible to request grants or in-kind donations for their organizations.