This three-hour training provides participants with basic principles for facilitating bringing the match to closure in a way that affirms the contributions of the mentor and mentee, and offers them the opportunity to prepare for the closure and assess the experience.
Marico Davis- Southwest Early College High School
- What neighborhood do you live in? I live in Northaven.
- What is your professional aspiration? You're going to think I'm kidding but I want to be a Brain Surgeon.
- Interesting. What is your Mentor's name? My mentor is Aaron Ford.
- If you could come back as an animal ... ? I'd want to be a Panther, for obvious reasons.
Isaiah Henderson- Central High School
- Where do you live? I am a proud resident of the Soulsville neighborhood in South Memphis.
- If you had to choose a career today, what would you choose? I'd go into Computer Engineering.
- What's your Mentor's name? Alex Jenkins
- And, your biggest accomplishment to date? I was Class Valedictorian last year. That was pretty cool.
KeJuan Jones- Memphis University School
- What neighborhood do you call home? I live in Frayser
- If you had to choose a career today, what would you choose? I'd be an Entrepreneur. I will be an Entrepreneur.
- Who is your Mentor? Carlyle White
- And, your favorite Memphis Grizzlies Player? It's definitely Mike Conley Jr.
- One more question Kejuan. Something is different about you ... did you change your hair? You'll have to watch the video to find out.
Brinnan Lawson- Lausanne Collegiate School
- What neighborhood do you live in Brinnan? My family lives in South Memphis.
- What is your professional aspiration? I am going to be a Genetic Engineer.
- You sound certain. I am.
- What is your Mentor's name? Ryan Coopwood
- Finally, who inspires you? Neil deGrasse Tyson
Shannon Smith- Southwest Early College High School
- What part of Memphis do you live in? I live out East
- Your professional aspirations? I want to be an Engineer
- Who is your Mentor? Willie Grace - he's cool.
- Who gives you inspiration? My parents and my teachers inspire me.
- You have a little sister who is also very smart. What one word would you use to describe her? Annoying!
Joyner Stephens- Middle College High School
- What neighborhood do you live in? I live in Raleigh
- If you could choose a career today, what would it be? I'd be an NBA Player
- Ok, who is your Mentor? Randy Odom. He's been a big advocate of my professional goal, while also stressing the importance of a Plan B.
- And, what's your favorite video game? NBA 2K17, of course.
Jermaine Thompson- Central High School
- Where in Memphis do you live? I live in Gaston, near Soulsville
- What is your career of choice? I aspire to be a Visionary
- Tell us more? I like to use my creativity to think outside the box and consider ideas that others couldn't.
- Ok. who is your Mentor? My mentor is Theo Ossei-Anto
- Finally, if you could vacation anywhere, where would you go? The Moon
Marcus Walker Jr.- Harding Academy of Memphis
- What part of Memphis do you claim as your neighborhood community? If you mean, where do I live, I live in Cordova.
- What is your professional aspiration? I'm going to be a Scientist
- Who is your Mentor? His name is Quan Poole
- Your favorite book? The Divergent Series
- And, finally, what's one thing you've learned in the Scholars Program? I learned how to collaborate in ways that will help me succeed.