In an effort to address food insecurity while schools and community centers are closed during the coronavirus outbreak, a number of schools and organizations are providing food services for students and senior citizens.
YMCA Meal Sites
The YMCA will distribute FREE meals at these sites M-F while schools are closed (through April 3), 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., to all children 18 and under. The child must be present to receive a meal. Families without internet access can also pickup SCS student learning guides every Monday and Tuesday at all of the sites below while schools are closed. View a map of all locations here .
- SCS - Board of Education Lot -160 South Hollywood St.
- SCS - Messick Admin. Building Lot - 703 Greer St.
- Abundant Grace Fellowship Church - 1574 E. Shelby Dr.
- Berean Baptist - 1666 East Raines Rd.
- Breath of Life SDA Church - 5665 Knight Arnold Rd.
- Brinkley Heights - 3275 Rosamond
- Divine Life - 5270 Riverdale Rd.
- Faith Heritage - 3802 Gragg Ave.
- Greater Community Temple - 5151 Winchester Rd.
- Greater Imani Church - 3824 Austin Peay Hwy.
- Greater Tabernacle Baptist Church - 3090 Trezevant
- Hope City Church - Oasis Enrichment - 232 Bickford
- Life Church - 3683 Austin Peay Hwy.
- Life Church - 255 N. Highland St.
Memphis Community Centers
- Bert Ferguson - 8505 Trinity Rd.
- Bickford (MIFA) - 233 Henry
- Charles Powell, Westwood - 810 Western Park
- Cunningham - 3773 Old Allen
- Dave Wells - 915 Chelsea
- Davis - 3371 Spottswood
- Douglass - 1616 Ash
- Ed Rice - 2907 N. Watkins
- Gaisman (MIFA) - 4221 Macon, 38122
- Gaston - 1048 S. Third St.
- Glenview - 1141 S. Barksdale
- Hickory Hill - 3910 Ridgeway Rd.
- Hollywood - 1560 N. Hollywood St.
- Katie H. Sexton - 1235 Brown
- Lester - 317 Tillman
- Marion Hale - 4791 Willow
- McFarland - 4955 Cottonwood
- Mitchell - 602 West Mitchell
- North Frayser - 2555 St. Elmo
- Orange Mound - 2572 Park
- Pine Hill - 973 Alice
- Raleigh - 3678 Powers
- Riverview - 1891 Kansas
- Whitehaven - 4318 Graceland
Memphis Public Libraries
- Benjamin L. Hooks (Main) Library - 3030 Poplar Ave.
- Crenshaw Branch - 531 Vance Ave.
- Frayser Branch - 3712 Argonne St.
- Levi Branch - 3676 Third St.
- North Branch - 1192 Vollentine Ave.
- Raleigh Branch - 3157 Powers Rd.
- Whitehaven Branch - 4120 Millbranch Rd.
- Memphis Spine & Sport - 1740 N. Germantown Rd.
- Metropolitan Baptist Church - 767 Walker Ave.
- Monumental Missionary Baptist Church - 704 S. Parkway E.
- Mt. Joyner Church - 5113 Hillbrook Rd.
- New Direction Church - 6120 Winchester Rd.
- New Testament of Hope Church - 466 W. Shelby Dr.
- Next Level Cathedral of Praise - 1581 Ball Rd.
- Oak Spring Church - 10250 Godwin Rd.
- Pearly Gates Church - 531 S. Parkway E.
- Pleasant Chapel - 4813 Benjestown
- Promiseland Church - 3430 Overton Crossing
- Robinhood Lane Baptist Church - 3804 Kimball Ave.
- Southbrook Mall - 1212 East Shelby Dr.
- St. Paul Church - 2124 Holmes Rd.
- St. Stephen Missionary Baptist Church - 4245 Singleton Pkwy.
- Temple United Methodist Church - 4404 Sykes Rd
- United Methodist Church Friendship - Woodstock, Hwy. 51
- Cordova - 7950 Club Center Cv.
- Davis Family - 4727 Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Fogelman - 245 Madison Ave.
- Ric Nuber - 5885 Quince Rd.
Collierville Schools is providing grab-and-go breakfast and lunch for children up to 19 beginning March 23. Children must be present at pickup.
Hardeman County Schools is providing meals from 10 a.m. to noon March 17 through 20 and again March 30 through April 3 at all school campuses.
Lauderdale County Schools is making free meals available to students at several locations. Details to be announced.
McNairy County Schools will provide free meals to children 18 and younger beginning March 18 through March 20 and again starting March 30. Breakfast and lunch grab-and-go meals are available for pickup between 10 a.m. and noon at the following locations. The child must be present to receive the meals.
- Adamsville Elementary
- Adamsville High
- Bethel Springs Elementary
- McNairy Central High
- Michie Elementary
- Ramer Elementary
- Selmer Elementary
- Selmer Middle
Millington Municipal Schools providing free meals for any child under 18. Drive-thru service only. Everyone must remain in their vehicles and children must be present. Distribution begins March 23 and continues weekdays 10:30 a.m. to noon. Call (901) 873-5680 with questions.
- E.A. Harrold Elementary, 4943 West Union
- Millington Middle School, 4964 Cuba Millington
- Millington Elementary, 6455 William Osteen Dr.
- Aycock Park, 7330 Renda St, Millington
Shelby County Schools has indefinitely suspended their meal distribution for students after an employee in the Nutrition Services Department tested positive for COVID-19.
Alcorn School District is providing free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch for students each day. Meals may be picked up outside the cafeteria between 9 and 11 a.m. If you can’t pick up the meals, notify the office at your school and the district will try to have them delivered. Students must be present to receive the meal.
Corinth School District is providing breakfast and lunch to all children 18 and under weekdays between 9 a.m. and noon at the following locations beginning March 17:
- Corointh Elementary School (cafeteria entrance)
- Corinth Middle School (Warrior Circle)
- Corinth High School (Warrior Stadium ticket booth)
- Farmington Arms Apartments
- Project Attention
- Boys and Girls Club (front of building)
- Eason Community Center (front parking lot)
- Pace Terrace
- Boyd Terrace
- Wset Hills
- Hickory Terrace
DeSoto County Schools will serve free drive-thru grab and go meals weekdays March 18 until further notice for all children 18 and under at the following locations from 10 a.m. to noon. No ID is required but a child must be present to claim their meal. Adults can purchase a meal for $3. Exact change is required.
- Horn Lake Intermediate, 6585 Horn Lake Rd.
- Southaven Intermediate, 175 Rasco Rd.
- Chickasaw Elementary, 6391 Chickasaw
Marshall County Schools is providing free meals for students from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. starting March 19 at the following locations:
- Byhalia High School
- Galena School
- H. W. Byers School
- Potts Camp High School
North Panola South District is serving grab-and-go meals beginning March 19 for children 18 and under. No ID is required. Call (662-526-5544 or (662) 487-2497 with the number of meals needed and the location where they’ll be picked up. Meals will be given out Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following locations.
- Como Primary | 2200 Lewers Dr., Como
- Green Hill Intermediate School | 799 W. Pearl St., Sardis
- North Panola Achievement Academy | 108 W.C. Franklin St., Crenshaw
Oxford School District will continue to provide meals to students during the temporary closure of schools throughout the Oxford-Lafayette community. Families can visit these sites March 17 to 27, weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Adults can also purchase meals for $2 at these locations.
- Oxford Middle School: 222 Bramlett Blvd.
- CB Webb Townhomes: 2223 Delores Dr.
- Brittany Woods Subdivision: Highway 6
- Wayne Johnson Apartments: 900 Molly Barr Rd.
- Western Hills Area: Near Anchorage Rd.
- Oasis Church: 861 MS-6 West
Tunica County School District will serve pickup-and-go meals beginning March 19 until further notice. They are free to children 19 and under. Adult meals can be purchased for $3.75. Distribution is from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Tunica Middle School Cafeteria driveway. Children must be present to receive the meals, which include breakfast and lunch.
South Panola Schools is providing meals starting March 19 from 10 a.m. to noon at the following locations:
- BES and BIS students go to Atwell Street Bus Line
- BMS, BJHS and SPHS students go to SPHS bus line
- Pope students go to Pope bus line